Petroleum Recovery Research Center (PRRC)
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology/ New Mexico Tech
801 Leroy Place
Socorro, New Mexico 87801
Tel: (575) 835-5808 Email: Li@nmt.edu
1/02 - 8/05 Ph.D, Material Engineering,
9/96 - 7/99 M.S., Petroleum and Natural Gas
Development Engineering, the Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration and
9/91 - 7/95 B.S., Chemistry
Employment and PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
09/05 – Present, Research Associate
01/02 - 08/05, Graduate Research Assistant
Material Engineering, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
9/99 - 12/01, Research Engineer
Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development, China National Petroleum Corporation (PIPED, Petro-China)
9/96 - 7/99, Graduate Research Assistant
Petroleum Production Research Center, China National Petroleum Corporation
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Computer: Familiar with window system and Office.
Material processing: Experienced in thin zeolite film formation by hydrothermal synthesis and second growth. Familiar with thin film formation by coating process such as spin- and dip-coating.
Material characterization: Familiar with SEM, TEM, XRD, IC, GC, BET, AFM, TGA, XRF and TOC.
Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), #3144561, Sep, 2003
A. Refereed Journals:
1. L. Li, J. Dong, Tina M. Nenoff. “Transport of alkali metal ions in MFI zeolite membranes during reverse osmosis,” Environmental Science and Technology, Submitted, 2005.
2. L. Li, J. Dong, Tina M. Nenoff, and R. Lee. “Desalination by reverse osmosis using MFI zeolite membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, 243, p.401-404, 2004.
3. L. Li, J. Dong, Tina M. Nenoff, and R. Lee. “Reverse osmosis of ionic aqueous solutions on a MFI zeolite membrane,” Desalination, 170, p.309-316, 2004.
4. L. Li, J. Dong, and R. Lee. “Preparation of alumina-supported mesoporous bentonite membranes for reverse osmosis desalination of aqueous solutions,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, v.273, p.540-546, 2004.
5. L. Li, T.M. Whitworth, and R. Lee. “Construction of an ultra-thin, compacted clay membrane for use in reverse osmosis," Applied Clay Science, 24, p.59-68, 2003.
6. L. Li, T.M. Whitworth, and R. Lee. “Separation of inorganic solutes from oil-field produced water using a compacted bentonite membrane,” Journal of Membrane Science, 217, p.215-225, 2003.
7. B. Bai, L. Li. “Intrinsic factor analysis of influencing pre-gelled particles property,” Petroleum Exploration and Development, 29(2), 2002.
8. B. Bai, Y. Liu, L. Li and X.Tang. “Using preformed particle gel to divert in-depth fluid in mature water-flooded reservoirs," Oilfield Development of PetroChina, 2001
9. XL. Wang, HS, Zhang, and L. Li. “Optimization design for conformance control in pilot 4-6,” Petroleum Geology and Recovery Efficiency, 8(3), 2001.
10. L. Li, Y.X. Li, and M. Han. “The rheology and seepage flow mechanism of weak polymer gel,” Oil & Gas Recovery Technology, 7(7), 2000.
11. L. Li, Y.X. Li, and Y.Z. Liu. “ The effect of flow shearing on weak gel formation from aqueous polymer/crosslinker gelatin solutions,” Oilfield Chemistry, 17(2), 2000.
12. L. Li, B. Bai, amd Y.X. Li. “The application of deep-flow diversion in oil recovery.” Oil Drilling & Production Technology, 21(6), 1999.
13. X. Tang, G. Liu and L. Li. “Preparation and evaluation of temporarily plugging agent ZDJ-98 for using in water shutoff treatment,” Oilfield Chemistry, 16(2), 1999.
B. Manuscripts & Reports:
1. T.M. Whitworth and L. Li, “Modified Reverse Osmosis System for Treatment of Produced Waters, ” DOE technical report, DOE Contract # FC26-00BC15326, 2002.
2. B. Bai, L. Li, and X. Tang. “Water Control in Reservoirs with Fractures or Channels,” Technical Report submitted to Petro-China Inc., 2001.
3. B. Bai, and L. Li, “In-depth Gel
Treatment for Enhanced Oil Recovery in Offshore Water Flooding Oilfield,”
Technical report submitted to CNOOC,
4. L. Li, and B. Bai. “Pilot Test of Selective Water Shutoff in Xingbei oilfield,” Technique report submitted to Daqing Oilfield Inc., 2000.
C. Conference Proceedings & Presentations
L. Li, A. Ryan, Tina, M. Nenoff, J. Dong, and R. Lee. “Purification of coal-bed methane
produced water by zeolite membranes,” Paper SPE 89892, presented at the SPE
Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in
2. L. Li, J. Dong, T.M. Nenoff, R. Lee, “Modification of MFI Zeolite Membranes for Enhanced Ion Separation from Aqueous Solutions Via Reverse Osmosis,” The 3rd International Zeolite Membrane Meeting, Boulder, CO, Jul. 25 - 28, 2004.
L. Li, J.
Dong, R. Lee, "Preparation of a-Alumina-Supported Mesoporous Bentonite Membranes for Reverse Osmosis
Desalination of Aqueous Solutions," AIChE Annual
L. Li, J.
Dong, T. M. Nenoff, R. Lee, "Desalination by
Reverse Osmosis Using MFI Zeolite Membranes," AIChE